The first thing every one want to know is “how much will the home inspection company charge?”.
However, that is not a constant price or something that needs to be used to choose the home inspection company.
So, is this how you planned on deciding the home inspection company for your dream home purchase?
Let see a few important aspects that you will need to consider before you deciding on choosing the right home inspection company.
1. Experienced well qualified home inspector is what you need to look for at the first place. For instance, dismantling a house for inspection is not acceptable. So its important to choose a home inspector with the required expertise and experience.
2. Read their testimonials, analyze to find if they are from Clients or real estate agents who refer them. What is their review rate? One, two, three or five Stared?
3. Ensure the inspector you sign up to home inspect has professional affiliation and certification from nationally recognized organizations like National Association of Home Inspectors, American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists, International Conference of Building Officials, Environmental Protection Agency, etc…
4. Learn and understand what equipments/tools will be used by home inspectors for inspection of your soon to be home.
5. Review a sample report. Understand what is that you will get to see at the end of the inspection. Ask and learn through the sample report from you home inspection company if all your questions are answered through their inspection report.
These are just a few key aspects to consider before you choose the home inspection company. Apart from this do ample research, do background checks and talk to friends, social media.